Thursday, June 9, 2011

Grammar

From one tower to the next. Today I went into the Jin Mao skyscraper, which holds the highest observatory deck in Asia. This trumps the Pearl Tower for sure.


I was able to get another cool 360 of the city on a much clearer day. From the pictures below you can get a better idea as to how big Shanghai is. 





 In the tower I happened to find...Bunnies! The Chinese take tradition, and superstitions, very seriously.


And I am not exactly sure why you would need to have a place to put your postage being 1115 ft above the ground, but whatever works. Heck, its China.


As I was reading some panels about the history of the building, how they chose the current design after narrowing it down from 6, I couldn't help but notice some pencil marks on the panels. The pencil marks would cross out some words, write different tenses for verbs, and add commas. Some guy had corrected the grammar mistakes on the nicely printed panels! Hilarious! 

(I added the red circles to point out some of the corrections. hehe)

Other than going up the Jin Mao tower, today was a very chillax day with a lot of sitting and reading. With the heat we had today, and humidity, moving around outside was not appealing, as I was in a constant state of sweating, but sitting and reading by the water was pretty nice.

And why do skyscrapers need to have car dealerships on the bottom floor of their buildings? Once again, only China... 


-Alex

1 comment:

  1. Okay-wait, did you actually add circles to panels or just add those to your pictures of the panels?

    ReplyDelete